Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Mighty Mouser

This morning the animals were all lined up at the back door as usual. I let them all out but shortly after wondered why Towzer wasn't begging to get back in for his breakfast. I noticed that Towzer, Ben and Maisy were gathered in the back corner of the yard but was busy so I didn't have a chance to really investigate. Later I called Towzer in because Zion wanted to go outside to play (I don't allow the dog and the kids to be in the yard without an adult) but he came in reluctantly. Hmmm, I wondered, what is so interesting out there anyway. I watched Ben for a minute since that was what Towzer was doing. It didn't take very long for the mystery to be solved, Ben had a mouse. It appeared that the mouse had, well, expired, and that Ben was having a grand time tossing it about and catching it again. A number of the houses in the neighborhood have mice and rat problems. It seems that won't be a problem for us, Ben will make sure of that. You may notice that Ben is standing a little funny, that's because one of Ben's hind legs had to be removed when he was a kitten. He's never let that slow him down though.

No comments: