Monday, May 12, 2008

10 + 10 + 9 =

...29 of course. This is what Gabe announced to us at the dinner table to other night. Rob and I were both appropriately impressed. I don't know when he started adding three numbers together or what prompted his mathematical outburst but I thought it was pretty cool.


Gabe's preschool class had a Mother's Day program on Friday. We all got to go since Rob was working from home that week. It was really special and very sweet. The kids (I think his class has 12 kids although there was a boy there who I didn't recognize so maybe they had a late addition) sang songs and did hand motions. At one point the kids were given yellow carnations. They sang "You Are My Sunshine" and walked out and gave the flowers to their moms. I almost had a total emotional breakdown. Holding my new boy with my big boy giving me a flower and singing to me and of course with Zion next to me. Life doesn't get much better than that!

Gabe sang his little heart out. Turns out he is the boy in class that feels like he has to pull his shirt up to expose his belly through most of the program. Oh well. Every class has to have one, right?

No comments: