Friday, May 23, 2008

End Of School Picnic

Gabriel has been looking forward to this day for weeks. His first year of preschool has come to a close and his class had planned to join the other two classes at his school for an end of the year picnic today. This morning when we woke up the sky was grey and the rain was pattering away at the windows. Bummer. I was not looking forward to breaking my little boy's heart. When I went into his room I told him that today was the day of the picnic and he shouted "woohoo!" and wrapped his arms around my neck. Boy, was he not making it easy. Then I told him that I had some sad news, that it was raining and if it kept raining we wouldn't be able to have a picnic. Yep, his little heart broke instantly. I told him quickly that we should pray and ask God to bless our fun day, to stop the rain and send us sun. Gabe prayed first, his little voice cracking while he asked God to stop the rain and give us sun. So precious, I had a hard time not tearing up. Well, God heard this little boy's prayer and the rain did in fact stop and we got to go to his picnic.

Gideon slept the entire time we were there snuggled warmly in the front pack.

Zion absolutely loved the wobbly bridge. The more the older kids bounced it the more she loved it, a few times she was nearly knocked flat on her back and it just made her laugh harder.

She enjoyed the swing almost as much as the wobbly bridge.

Gabe's favorite things were the variety of slides.

Zion hammed it up for Daddy when he had the camera. Can you tell it was a bit chilly towards the end, we all had on about 2 or 3 layers by the time we left - but the rain never returned!

No comments: