Wednesday, May 14, 2008

First Fishing Trip!

On Monday Gabe's preschool had a field trip to fishing at a local business that stocks ponds with rainbow trout. Rob was able to arrange his work schedule to go with him, just the two of them. The facility provides all of the equipment and even cleans and filets the fish for you if you like. Gabe caught two rainbow trout! He was quite excited though I think it was mostly cool to spend time with his Daddy. I just thought he was so darn cute! Only the day before I had found a shirt, shorts and hat set that were so adorable and perfect for fishing. It was too cold for the shorts but he still got to wear the shirt and hat.
















After they brought the fish home Rob fried it up. Gabe was feeling goofy for pictures apparently. The fish was really yummy!

Something about the hat made me think of my Grandpa. He used to take me fishing when I was a little girl and would stay at my Grandparents house during the summer. Though I know at least one trip was aborted because of my unwillingness to crawl out of bed so early and most often I think I huddled up in my clothes trying to keep warm in Grandpa's boat instead of actively participating in any actual fishing, I have nothing but fond memories of those trips out with Grandpa. Spending time with them at their Whidbey Island beach house were some of the best times of my growing up years.

No comments: