It eventually had a little bunny body and some limbs. I got tons of practice on DPNs (double pointed needles) and picking up stitches on this project.
It looks like some sort of medieval torture technique at one time. Here's the start of the second ear.
From another angle. I admit, I was a bit intimidated at the description of how to start the ears. You pick up stitches to place on four needles, which are very close and oddly placed, then use a fifth needle to knit. It was actually a lot easier than I had built it up to be in my mind (as with most things knitting I've come to discover) and went along quite nicely.
And VOILA! A bunny. I think it took me 8 days. It would have gone much faster if I was able to get in more knitting time, as it was we were preparing for a visit from Rob's dad and step-mom and I kept having to put off my knitting.
Now in the arms of his boy. I hope these two will be friends for a long, long time.
Currently on the needles:
- An elephant for Zion (same designer that wrote the pattern for Elias' bunny, Ysolda Teague)
- A washcloth for Gabe with Yoshi on it (Yoshi is a character form the Mario games)
- A shawlette/scarf for me
- A gift that I can't name until it's been given
- A lace shawl that has been hibernating for a while but deserves mention anyway