Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Like A Little Paris Hilton

Paris is famous for always saying "That's hot." and just like her according to Zion everything is "hot". In fact, it keeps her from eating sometimes. She'll be staring down a plate of peanut butter and jelly sandwich and raisins and yet she'll hold her hands up in mock surrender claiming it's "hot". Ugh! Just eat! Then again, I've used this to my advantage. Going to touch mama's things? All I have to do is say "No, that's hot." and she'll leave it alone. Devious on my part, I know, but us mamas have to use what we can. We have been trying to teach her "cold" as well and she is just starting to get the hang of it I think.



Her affection for Gideon has not waned at all. I don't really need to write about this again but I wanted to post a picture of the two of them and that's what it's about. Zion making sure Gideon always has his "plug" as we call it. He doesn't even really like it so I usually try to distract her and put the plug up somewhere but she is one determined kid.

They had their first unfortunate interaction today. I had Gideon on the floor to change his diaper and Zion was going to put an extra diaper in the bin for me when she stepped just a tad too close and got him in the head with the tip of her shoe. Poor guy. His little face scrunched up so quickly and he started to wail. He quieted right down when I picked him up and Zion looked positively startled, she had no idea what happened. She is so affectionate and caring, she never would have done it on purpose, I felt as bad for her as I did for him. Luckily the moment passed quickly and both are completely recovered. ;)

No comments: