Monday, May 26, 2008

Backtracking - or trekking

I've been meaning to post this for a while but have had so much current events to keep me going that backtracking for this hasn't been a priority. The day before I went into labor we had a chance to get to NW Trek. I actually had some pretty good though irregular contractions while we were there so I wonder if it could have been that excursion that finally did it. Anyway, we had a fabulous time at the wildlife park. We got to ride a tram around to see bison, bighorn sheep, mountain goats, moose, and a variety of deer. A lot of the animals were shedding their winter coats so they looked a little odd and many of the mamas either had brand new babies or were due any day - like me!
Gabe had a great time explaining to anyone on the tram who would listen that the tram cars were coupled together - with a coupling no less! He was more excited to be on the tram than he was for the animals. After the tram we walked the rest of the park to see the animals in other enclosures. We got to see wolves, foxes, coyotes, a bathing bear and a performing beaver. Each separate enclosure had information and questions and some had interactive exhibits that the kids really enjoyed.








Awww, aren't they cute! We really had a great time, the weather was perfect and the kids loved be let loose to wander (with us close at their heels of course).




Trailing after Daddy.



Now she's hitching a ride with Daddy.


Here I am with the kids and almost my last day as a pregnant woman.

No comments: