Monday, June 23, 2008

Friday

Oh my goodness, what do I write? It's been only a few days and yet I feel so far behind. At the same time I don't know where to start or what to write. It's a good thing I have pictures to remind me what I've been doing for the last few days. Oh yes, that's right. Friday after Rob got home from work we (he mostly) put together the swing we got for our patio!!! I can't tell you how excited I am about this. I have wanted a patio/garden swing since before I had a patio or a garden and prior to purchasing it, we didn't actually have anywhere to sit outside except on the steps to the backdoor - too hard. To me such a thing has seemed such a luxery but now I have my very own outdoor swing - and it seats three! Which means that even when Rob and I are sitting on it the kids still fit (for now). I'm hoping that it will turn out to be a nice place for me to hang out with Gideon while Gabe and Zion play outside this summer. If summer ever, ever comes to Washington this year. Today my swing turned three days old and it's already been rained on. :(
Friday morning Zion found a headband that came with one of her outfits. It was a little loose for her head so she wore it as a scarf instead. It was so cute to see her do this and she ended up wearing it for about half the day. It's a good thing that she has her own sense of style and fashion because I have very little.

I also put a little "side pony" in her hair. It didn't quite look how I'd intended or have seen on other little girls but I'm new at the whole doing-her-hair thing. I'll get better, I promise. It only lasted until naptime anyway. I put her down with it and Rob got her up and it was gone. Hmm?

Gideon is a very smiley little guy. His favorite times are when we just sit and smile and talk to him and he smiles and "talks" back. It does not take much to get him to grin and he honestly does try to laugh. Not much sound comes out but still, he's laughing. I can tell.

Finally, we are outside (I meant to get pics of Rob building the swing but ended up dropping my camera in order to pick up Gideon a lot earlier than I'd hoped). This is my mini-rose. It's quite pretty. When you ignore the black spot, aphids, and other buds that have rotted on the stem because of our horrible weather. Absolutely lovely.
Gideon had to wear one of Gabe's hats. We had him in the shade but it was still a bit bright for his new baby eyes. I think he really liked it. Or maybe he just doesn't have the motor control to knock it off yet. Either way, he was cute.Zion had her own hat to wear. She loves hats. And shoes and coats and socks and clothing in general.Maisy, AKA FatCat, up on the fence. I think she has lost weight since our summer-in-name-only has come. The weather is at least nice enough for the cats to get out and play. I don't know where she ends up either but we can't keep a collar on her. So if you find an empty cat collar with a tag that says "Maisy" on it please call so I can pick it up, it's getting really expensive to replace her collar and tag every time she loses them. *sigh* This is our polydactyl cat, by the way. That means she has extra toes. One of these days I'll post a picture of her feet. They're huge! She has six toes on each foot that is six more toes total than a "normal" cat has. We joke that she makes up for Ben's lost toes since he is missing a leg. Together they even out.And last but not least the photo to represent Friday is of Towzer. He's gotten a little portly since Gabe was assigned the chore of feeding the dog. We have a measuring cup that Gabe is supposed to measure up to two cups twice daily for him but Gabe gets a little lax in the measuring and fills it over the top which is more like 2 1/2 cups twice a day. It's starting to show. I guess I'm not the only one in the house anymore who could benefit from a treadmill.

Alright, ladies and gents, it's getting late so I'll have to blog about the rest of our weekend later. Ta ta for now!

No comments: