Sunday, June 1, 2008

Dare You To Move

This morning Gideon was making enough of his cute little noises that I went in and out of sleep a few times in addition to waking to nurse him. At some point in the morning I realized that I had the same song running through my head each time, the song Dare You To Move by Switchfoot. By the time it was time to get serious about think about getting out of bed I was starting to wonder if someone was trying to get a message across. God, is that you? Who knows, but I added the song to our playlist for your listening enjoyment.

So, maybe I can dare you to move? I decided before Gideon was born that I would let my hair grow as long as I could stand it so that I can donate it to Locks of Love. Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that makes wigs for financially disadvantaged children who have hair loss for a medical reason. I have donated twice in the past but really prefer my hair short so it's been a while since it's been anywhere near long enough to donate. I still have a number of inches to go but my hair grows pretty quickly so it shouldn't take too long. I would love for anyone who is up for a challenge to join me in donating. Each hairpiece requires 6 to 10 donations so my hair alone isn't enough. It would be really cool if enough people accepted my challenge to create an entire hairpiece. If you do donate, please send me a picture of you and your cut ponytail!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I have been thinking about getting my hair cut after the baby is born. If I wait a little longer, I should have enough to donate. Do you know how many inches you have to cut off to donate?

Julie said...

Emily, you need to be able to cut off a 10 inch ponytail to donate. Died and permed hair is OK, bleached hair is not (it causes a chemical reaction with how they make the wig). Full information is available on the Locks of Love link on the main post. Thanks!!!