Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Darn It!

Yesterday I noticed that I was up around 198 posts on this here blog. Yeah, really! So I was thinking I would post a really cool 200th post. Well, I guess I got a little overzealous with the blogging yesterday and somehow, well, I missed it. This is post two hundred and ONE! Ugh! How did that happen? *sigh*

Well, I don't think there is a traditional post for 200 (though on 100 you are supposed to post 100 things about you but I didn't know that then and I really don't think anyone wants to know 200 things about me so we'll just have to leave that one be) but I do think you are supposed to buy me something. So maybe I will post 200 things that I like and you can just choose from the list. Here goes:

1) cookies
2) puppies
3) shiny things
4) books
5) clothes
6) craft supplies
7) sparkly things (yes, this is different from shiny things)

really goin' strong here

8) music
9) a clean house (I know you aren't going to buy me a clean house but you could send a service over, that'd be nice)
10) shoes (size 8 1/2)

yoohoo! I made it to ten!

11) brownies (fudgy ones, not cakey ones otherwise you might as well just have cake - duh!)
12) cards (you know, blank ones so I don't have to go to the store when something comes up)
13) naptime
14) orange (you can't buy me a color but just in case you need to know what my favorite color is for the thing you are buying me)
15) kitchen gadgets
16) stamps (OK, I don't really love stamps but the cost of a stamp keeps going up and I need something to mail the cards with)
17) babysitters (oh, how I love babysitters! Please send me one!)

Can't wait til the babysitter comes.

18) sushi (Doesn't mail real well though)
19) Brown (It goes really well with orange)
20) a pony (One that doesn't bite)
21) snow on days when I don't have to go anywhere
22) sun on days when I do have to go somewhere
23) brand new crayons
24) something on which to color
25) a 50mm 1.4f lens for my camera (which is a Nikon D70s so you can be sure to get the right one)

1/8th of the way there

26) a nice MLT, a mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe, they're so perky... (that's a line from Princess Bride in case you are really confused right now)
27) horses
28) horseback riding
29) movies about horses
30) pictures of horses
31) the smell of horses (they should make perfume or lotion or at least a candle)

OK, I think I pretty much exhausted that one

32) uh oh, Gideon's awake from his nap. I gotta go (where is that babysitter!) I guess this will have to do for now but I think I've given you some really good ideas. I'll start checking the mailbox tomorrow. Thanks! You're so generous!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves random Princess Bride quotes. Great list too. We have many things in common.

Mashel said...

You are funny, I will get right on that list! If you get a pony in the mail you know who it came from!

Martha said...

You're so funny...my dad used to work in a cow barn and he'd say the same thing about the smell of the farm (I have to admit there is a sweetness to manure).