Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Message From Rob

Got an e-mail tonight:


Hi all – to Family and Friends,

Well, it’s been a very quick week in San Diego. So much so that we’re even leaving a little bit early to head to NC. I’ve cleared everything I need to do for the Navy before going and am now cutting over to the Army.

Some highlights of the week:
· Human pin-cushion – any of you who have had adult immunizations can probably relate to this, but I had several immunizations I needed to be updated on. 5 shots in one day and still a couple more once I get to NC!
· Free movies on base – I got to see both Indiana Jones and the Happening for free this week (with the exception of snacks that I had to buy)
· New uniforms – yep, that’s right. I now wear Army boots – and the desert uniform that goes with them. They’re hot, but they’ll do.
· New users of Skype – got to see Julie and the kids twice today online. What a gift!

Blessings and peace,
Rob

No comments: