Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Projects

Despite not blogging about it much lately I AM still knitting.  Admittedly, not as much as in times past but I’m on an upswing.  I have many projects in the works not the least of which is a lace shawl that I am working on in a mystery knit-along.

MysteryShawlMay21

In a mystery knit-along the pattern designer releases only portions of the pattern at a time and does not show pictures of the end result.  I’ve progressed enough on this project though (a bit more than the picture shows) to know this is going to be beautiful.  I even know who I’m going to give the shawl to when I’m finished, the yarn told me.  Sometimes that happens.

I’ve got another lace shawl in the works but it’s been snoozing for a long time, I am also still working off and on on the wrap I designed and started on my little weekend getaway, a scarf/shawlette in peacock colors that is about 2/3s of the way done and that one I’m keeping for myself (or at least that’s the plan).  I also have two birthday presents I need to finish and FIVE gifts for a craft-it-forward that I’m in (you sign up on someone’s blog of Facebook page and receive one handmade item and you in turn post it on your blog or Facebook page and the first five people to respond receive a handmade item from you) and since my sis won a drawing of yarn from one of the shops on our yarn crawl I told her I’d make something for her with the yarn she won.  Lucky me!  The colors are SO pretty!  The hard part is deciding what to make.

I’ve also made up a few dishcloths recently (one with lavender SCENTED yarn – how fun is that?!).  They are one of my favorite go-to knits when I want to knit but don’t have the option of paying attention to a pattern (like when the kids are awake – ha ha ha).

So, see, I haven’t been talking about it much but my knitting didn’t die when I got back into photography.  Smile

No comments: