Monday, May 2, 2011

Texture Tuesday

Gave myself permission to sit down tonight for a while and texture the heck out of a photo .  And texture I did.  First I snapped a shot of my tea and cake.  DSC_7673

Then I ate the cake. 

Then I played with the photo.  Brightened it, desaturated it a LOT, then brushed over the flower on the cup and the cake to bring back some of the color, texturized it with Kim’s “chamomile” and “major grunge” textures and lastly brushed over the tea cup and cake to eliminate some of the texture there and viola!

TeaAndCake

Remember, you can click on the photo to view it larger.  And also remember that you can go to Kim’s website and check out the other lovely texture photos there.  And you can enter your own photo.  And if you don’t know how Kim will teach you, she rocks!

image

7 comments:

Nadege, said...

I like the vintage look of your textured image, just lovely. Not surprise that the cake didn't last long, looks very nice and moist.

Cedar said...

I really like how the red pillow makes such a great back drop--especially after you texturized it :) I ate my cake, too, but right after you left this morning.

Kathryn Dyche said...

Sounds like you had great fun texturing this image. Did someone say cake (yum).

Linda said...

Beautiful texture work!! lovely blog - so glad to have found you!!

Kim Klassen said...

wonderful transformation... looks like a painting!!

thanks for linking up with texture tuesday....xxo, kim

Physibeth said...

Wow, what a big difference! I really like the textured shot. Would love to see a version that captured some of those reds too. So many options with that original photo.

Kia said...

Over from Texture Tuesday. So yummy! Wonderful processing! ... can we have a slice of cake? :)