Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Friend

I received a call from our pastor's wife today that my friend's family is requesting a meal for tomorrow night and I had previously signed up to help. I will happily help. I got up the courage to ask the scary question of prognosis. Previously I had been told she might have a year with treatment but not how long she may have without. Well, there is no real answer for that I guess but she did inform me that according to my friend's family they are already noticing that she is failing fast. I wish with all my heart that she could hang on to meet my new little one and that this baby would cooperate and come faster than predicted. My friend wrote the most beautiful poem for Zion when she was born, she has been such an encouragement to me when I had a newborn (and every other time since I've met her) and I know that it won't be the same this time but I just want to show her the baby. Just to share our beautiful gift from God and rejoice with her for a second. I wish...

No comments: