Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Daddy Love

Last week at AWANA's Gabe was asked to draw a picture of his family. He was so proud to show me when he got home. The picture has one very tall Daddy and a train. That's it. No Mommy, no sister, not even the dog or Gabe's frog, Ribbit. He is all about his Daddy (and trains). It wasn't a bad picture either.

Lately all Zion talks about is Dada (if I say Daddy she looks me in the eye and emphatically restates "Dada!"). The second she hears the door knob on the front door jiggle she drops what she's doing, shouts "Dada!" and goes running for the door. During the day she points to things that belong to him and asks "Dada?" and she loves to flip through Gabe's Day Out With Thomas photo album (an event we took them to last year) and points to every picture of Rob. "Dada, Dada, Dada!" At bath and bedtime it's him that she wants. I'm loving it! Not just because it can give me a break at the end of the day but because it's just so awesome.

No comments: