Friday, April 4, 2008

Looking on the bright side.

Here's the picture promised from the other day of Gabe and Zion playing in the sandbox. Apparently Zion thinks that once the dump truck is filled with sand it makes a better chair.
Gabe got to experience Fun Sticks the other day. You know those things that come with the white candy stick and a packet of powder that's essentially sugar. He got about three of them at his school's Valentine's Day party (much to my annoyance). All of his candy got put in his treat basket and he occasionally gets to pick one treat from it. I don't remember that stuff having this effect when I had it as a kid. I guess it's been "improved" since then. Whatever.
Here is Zion just hangin' with her Daddy - and playing MY Nintendo DS. Daddy was supposed to be playing with Gabe (we have two and they can be linked together for some games) but Zion nabbed it and wouldn't give it back. She loves to "play" and taps the screen with the stylus and jabbers away. We tried to trade her with Gabe's Leapster which also has a stylus but she would have none of it, she is not a kid who can be tricked and she only wants to do exactly what we are doing.

On another note, you may have noticed that the first song that plays when you pop on the blog has changed (or not, that's OK). I wanted to put the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir's song using the Psalm that goes "I will lift up my eyes to the hills from where cometh my help, my help cometh from the Lord..." in light of what my friend, Lawanna, is going through but Playlist didn't have it available. Bummer. But they did have another favorite of mine by Kirk Franklin and so I've added "My Life Is In Your Hands". I hope that you find it as uplifting as I do.

No comments: