Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Friend, An Update

My friend with the tumor is hanging in there. I haven't had a chance to see her in about a week and a half but I receive updates now and again. I guess she is starting to have a little trouble with her balance now and of course still has problems with her speech. I finally remembered this morning while I was in Zion's room to grab the poem that my friend wrote for her so that I could share it with you. Here it is:

What a wonderful little one you are
You're like a bright and shining star
Sent to us from Heaven above
A precious gift of God's own love
A tiny wondrous bundle
Of joy and great delight
To cuddle in the daytime
To hold closely in the night.
We are so glad that you have come
Into our home to stay
May we ever love and cherish you
Through each and every day.
And may the Lord be with you
Throughout all your lifelong days
As you open up your heart to Him
To be called a house of praise
May He ever lead and guide you
Hold you closely to His side
As you live and grow to love Him
And in His peace abide.
So that when you get to Heaven
He'll say Sweet One come in
For you have believed in His own Dear Son
and helped others to Him win.
by Lawanna Jean Eilers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie, I have been praying for you and hoping that your baby had arrived, but as we know the Lord's timing is perfect. You are a trooper, it sounds like all is well. I will continue to pray. With love, Julie G.