Thursday, April 9, 2009

When It Rains...

You know how the saying ends - it pours! Last night Gideon woke up at 2AM to eat. That is when I discovered that I was freezing. And yet sweating. And aching all over. Arg! I knew what it was right away - mastitis (and it was confirmed by a doc at the walk in clinich in the morning). So I have bronchitis and mastitis wonderful. While I was at the walk in clinic Zion threw up all over back at home. Bless my sis who had abandoned her life to take over mine for the last week was the unlucky one to clean it up. I wasn't sure if it was stomach flu or just the high fever since she's had a fever for the third day now and I feel nauseous when I have a fever. Now I know it's the flu as she blew up all over herself and the couch and the floor again about two hours ago. Poor thing, it was everywhere and despite her objections I made her lay in the tub so I could wash it out of her hair and give her a quick washing. So here I am, fever, coughing, achy and scrubbing the carpet and couch with foamy cleaner and then going around the house with a bucket of Pine Sol and a rag. Where could she have touched? Where has there layed puked on clothes? Luckily she wasn't feeling well enough to play today mostly just layed on the floor and the couch but scrubbing was not on my agenda for today at all. Let's hope she's done with it and that no one else gets it. Please, Lord, can we be done with all the sickness and injuries (mostly my body is just a mess for having slept in a recliner for a week, does horrible things to your hips and neck)? I would very much like to have a healthy family for Easter. As it is my weekend plans have been altered. I was going to take us all up to Jamie's for the weekend starting tomorrow but with two of us having fevers that's out. I just hope and pray that we're OK for Sunday.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I'm so glad to hear you're home and that Gideon has a diagnosis...but I will pray for you and Zion to get better! Oh, I bet you miss Rob so much...and I'm sure he wishes he were home to help you out! XO