Thursday, April 23, 2009

Enter Tooth Fairy Stage Left

So you remember me telling you about Gabe's new loose tooth the other day? Well, guess whose down a tooth as of this afternoon? I took a pic but now I can't find my cord to upload my pictures so I'll post it later. Gabe handled it much better than I expected. When I was working at my sister's daycare a little boy there fainted when he lost his first tooth. I expected something more to that affect but that's not how it went down.

First, I had Bible study this morning so Gabe got to hang out with the cool babysitter there. She commented on how loose his tooth seemed. I couldn't look because for some reason I can't handle loose teeth. They freak me out. I don't know why. In my vet tech days I dreamed over what I was going to have for lunch while observing exploratory surgeries and cleaning out open wounds but for some reason I can't handle loose teeth. Anyway, afterward I ran us through the drive through at Wendy's because I had some errands we needed to get to. On the way to our next stop I hear Gabe very matter of factly state "There's a white thing in my chicken nugget and I think it's my tooth."

So here I sit wondering what the going rate is for a tooth these days. The Tooth Fairy hasn't had to visit our family before. Gabe's tooth lies waiting under his pillow and the Tooth Fairy is stumped. The Tooth Fairy also only has a $20 and is pretty darn sure that a tooth isn't worth that much. Then again, Santa did leave a few things lying around that didn't get given for Christmas. Maybe they can work out a deal.

1 comment:

Jewelz said...

Your first 'Tooth Fairy' duty. In my house each of the kids had their own Tooth Fairy. I would print out a teeny tiny letter using the computer...and a really small font, then roll it up like a scroll and tie it with some shiny thread and put it under their pillow {{with some 'Fairy Dust' from my glitter stash}} and I'd pop a gold coin with it. We have $1 and $2 gold coins here in Oz...they still have a few of the notes!
Seeing how you only have a $20...perhaps you could include a PS at the bottom of the note...appologize and say the 'Tooth Fairy' is suffering in these hard economic times LOL and include an I.O.U!!!

GoodLuck
Cheers
Jewelz