Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ooooo, Busted!

Me: No, Zion, you can't have a cookie. I need those for what I'm making. Here have some marshmallows.

Zion, chipper: OK!

Later...

Me upon seeing Zion with obvious Oreo cookie crumbs around her mouth: *gasp* Zion! Did you steal a cookie?!

Zion confounded, looking down at her hands and turning them over trying to find what evidence she missed: I wash my hands?! (translation: how did I get caught, I was so careful to clean up after myself)

Me after laughing behind my hand and regaining my composure and as stern as I can possibly manage: Zion, that was naughty to steal that cookie.

Zion, matter of fact: No.

Me: Yes, Zion, that was naughty to steal that cookie.

Zion as if this is the first time she's heard such a thing: oooOOOooooh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog from another sight! Our youngest son is two days younger than Gideon. Best of luck
Angela

Jessy said...

Oh my gosh! She is sooo CUTE!! Since she didn't know it was naughty, I guess she was just washing her hands because you've instilled a strong sense of cleanliness...yeah, that sounds good! :)

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!!!!

My Three Sons said...

Too cute. I'm sure she will try to be even more sneaky next time. LOL