Sunday, January 2, 2011

More or Less

My 2011 New Year’s Resolutions, more or less.

More patience.

More joy.

More laughing over spills. (Had a success yesterday when Zion spilled powdered chocolate milk all over the kitchen floor. Having a new hand vac helps that. Seriously, helps that a LOT.)

More exercise.

More cooking.

More cleaning.

More knitting.

More time in The Word.

More one on one time with each of the kids.

More of Christ and less of me. (Oh, God, please. This!)

Less feelings of stress when demands are coming from every direction.

Less time on the computer. (How else am I going to do more of everything else.)

Less eating.

Less weight.

Less time lecturing.

Less self criticism.

There will be no broken resolutions this year. No matter what I will be successful. Though I may not be perfectly performing each of my “tasks” and I may exercise lack of patience or overeat at times I know that my resolutions are a process. I know that the goal is not perfection in these things but in making myself pliable so that God can work me into what he wants me to be.

I feel better prepared for that and for the changes I want to see in myself than I have in a long time. See, about a month ago I started to feel better. It was then that I realized that I had all along been feeling bad. It was then that I realized how much my pregnancy with Elias had taken out of me and how long my recovery had taken. Was taking. Sometimes you don’t know how bad you are feeling until you start to feel better.

Suddenly I have experienced an upswing in energy and interest in my home and children again. I would not say I was depressed, although when I put it like that it almost sounds like I was. More I think my body had just been drained of its every resource and a refilling was finally occurring. I confess that I felt a huge sense of relief. I had been worried that I would feel too tired to take interest in anything beyond the minimum required to scrap by.

Here I am 2011! I’m ready to take you on and I can’t wait to see how I have grown and changed by the time I greet 2012!

There you have it, my 2011 Resolutions. More or less.

No comments: