Tuesday, May 5, 2009

No Title

I couldn't figure out how to title this post. It's hard enough to write. In the wee hours of the morning yesterday my mom passed away. She had, if you know me or have been following my blog for a while, been sick off and on and had come close to passing away many times. In the last couple of weeks she had been doing really well, we had some great conversations and my sister who popped in on her recently said she was looking really good, that she was up and around and doing well. So, even though she had a long history of illness we are still surprised that she is not with us now.

This week my dad, my sister and I are making arrangements for her service or memorial or party or whatever we end up having which may or may not include skydiving with her ashes (going skydiving had been a lifelong dream of hers) and everyone being required to wear pink, her signature color.

So now I'm off to try to write her obituary. Trying to define her "dash" in what, 200 words or less? My mother, born Judith Eileen B*, born December 14, 1949 - (there's that darn dash) May 4, 2009 ...

7 comments:

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

so sorry to hear of your loss!! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers! I think the skydiving sounds like an AWESOME idea. If anything happens to me, I hope my family does something like that.

Jewelz said...

So sorry for your loss Julie.
Sending comforting vibes to you and yours.

Kind regards
Jewelz

Kristen Victor said...

Julie, You don't know me, but I have been a long time reader. I'm so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. You are in my prayers!

Hugs from California,
Kristen

Crystal said...

Julie I'm so sorry! I'll keep praying for your family.
Crystal

Loretta Jahncke said...

Julie, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. We lost my mom a year ago today, and Mother's Day will always be difficult for me now. Keeping you in my prayers.
Loretta

My Three Sons said...

Julie, I know this is way over due but I have been playing catch up. I'm sooo sorry to hear about your Mother's passing. I hope that God has taken you by the hand and guided you in this new journey. I know that as hard as it is to accept, she is trully lucky to be in heavan with our Heavenly Father. What a great place to be. I know she will be looking over you.

I will continue to pray for you and your famliy.

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Julie, You are walking down a path that I walked around the same time. When my oldest was eight, my second child was five and we had a one year old...my mom passed away too. She had been sick awhile, but was in her 50's too.

Oh I wish I had some words to say that could carry you through. It will be a roller coaster for all of you. Some days up and some days down. But I will say this, there is no closer time I have felt my precious Jesus so close.

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog today. Please know you have been prayed for today Julie.

..and one more thing...we thank God for families like yours...lending your much loved husband to serve our nation. I prayed for him too.

Warmly, Joanne