Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Laughter Is The Best Medicine

Children are great to have around when things are "supposed" to be sad. Completely oblivious to the emotional state of things Gideon has started crawling all over the place encouraged by an evasive Tantie that he wants to be with ALL the time. Yeah. I pretty much don't exist once we walk in the front door of Jamie's house. That's fine with me. I need a break right. And Zion is her typical self causing us to crack up all the time. Gabe has his nose shoved in his Nintendo DS. That's OK, he can have some extra play time right now.

And while I could entirely blame the laughter going on right now on the children it wouldn't be true. If my sister and I inherited one thing from my mother it would be that we should always be ready with a joke. Laughter is the best medicine. Even in the time of mourning. Especially in the time of mourning. We met with the funeral home yesterday. We may have seemed a titch insensitive. Oh well. I wish everyone could discuss the care of their loved one's remains with a smile on their face. Yeah, we're sad. We just don't wallow in it. What would be the point of that?

1 comment:

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

totally get that. Life's just easier with a smile/laugh. (Plus, it sometimes affords a little denial when needed. . .)