Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gabe's Turn

My oldest is so creative and it warms my heart to see him showing that in ways that don't include batteries. Do you remember Pattern Blocks? I remember them vividly from Kindergarten. One of the few strong memories I have of that time in fact was me playing with them in my classroom. I picked up a set for our very own. Today Gabe made a rocket ship.


I was quite impressed with the ship itself.

Then he added a man in the ship. I love his imagination and his heart. Today while I was in a rush to get us out of the house (I actually fell asleep when the kids napped and when I woke up forgot I had dinner plans with friends, can you believe it?!) I overheard him telling Zion very matter of factly "Now Zion, I'm going to help you get your shoes on and you need to not have a fit." Awww, how sweet is that?

1 comment:

Martha said...

I love those kinds of things...very creative...that's an awesome ship!!!