Wednesday, August 27, 2008

1 Down 11 To Go

It was a month ago today that I dropped Rob off at the airport. Now technically we will get to see him before then. In fact, I added a ticker at the bottom of the page that is counting down to the approximate time when we will get to see him. But in the big picture, we are 1/12th of our way through our time of separation. Yoohoo!

In this first month I got to go to the ER with one of my children for the first time and call Poison Control for one of my children for the first time. I kissed innumerable booboos and dried many tears and gave hundreds of hugs in addition to the bedtime stories, baths, and wonderful smiles that I've enjoyed. Some may feel sorry for me being "left alone" but I hope that you don't. Like I've said a number of times since we found out he was leaving, I'll have good days and bad but I would have good days and bad even if he were here. And, heck, I've got it easy here really, I've still got my beautiful babies with me.

We still ask that you remain in prayer for us and stay in touch. I am so grateful for the prayers and warm thoughts to date and am convinced that the only way I have felt so good about things is because I am being lifted up in prayer. I do feel like I have gained strength and confidence and that is a blessing. So thank you and celebrate with me. 1 down and 11 to go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, your blog is such fun. I love seeing what you and the kids are up to via pictures. I'm glad you're off to a good start and you will continue to be in our prayers! And your new haircut looks great, by the way:)

Tiffany Nevil said...

YAY Julie! We ARE celebrating with you! I am proud to know you and to see your tremendous strength and light heart. I'm sure it's a great encouragement to Rob to. Thanks for being such a great example to those of us who have this looming on the horizon!
hugs,
Tiff

Martha said...

Congratulations, I hope the time flies by...
Will he come home for 2 weeks R and R?