Saturday, October 25, 2008

First Food

Gideon has been waiting for this for a long time. Poor little guy has practically been begging for some nosh and I kept putting him off the main reason being that I wanted Rob to be around. Rob is going to miss just about every first in Gideon first year and a half and there's nothing I can do about it except for one first. I could control when he got his first food. So wait we did until his Daddy came home on leave last week. Rob flew in late Wednesday and Thursday Gideon ate real food for the first time (if you can call rice cereal "real food"). If I could read his mind I think he was saying "why was I so excited about this?" but a few days later when he got banana it was a whole different story. Since then he's also had sweet potato. We're three for three on sweet potato being a favorite food for our kids. He definitely loves to eat.

I wanna do it.




Here, let me help you.

2 comments:

Martha said...

I'm glad you waited for Rob to be a part of this...sounds like Gideon really likes the bananas...my girls did too!

Okay, read my blog...I replied to the tag.

Enjoy the precious time with your Rob, your dear husband!

Rachel said...

I so remember the first time our kiddo had "real" food. And I felt bittersweet - because I knew it was another step to the end of his babyhood.

I am so glad your husband got to be part of it for the first time!

And how CUTE are those pictures?!?!