Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sweet Shot and Texture Tuesday

We are settling into a new schedule and with that comes more regular opportunities for me to choose sedentary activities (my favorite).  Or at least that’s what I’m telling myself while the boys are down for nap and Zion is finding a quiet activity.  Today I am choosing to spend a little time blogging and what better spur of the moment topic than a photo challenge (or two).  Especially since I just spent the weekend on a little getaway with a friend and have a ton of pictures.  Most of which I haven’t had the chance to look twice at but I do have a stand out or two.  For today, my sweet shot:

RainbowCross-7826

We were truly blessed to find this cross standing at the very spot we found to pull off to photograph the rainbow.  Wow, just wow. Thanks, God!

OK fine, I’ll post another.  After I picked up my friend we stopped at a camera store.  It’s the one I like to go to but a bit far off and not at all kid friendly.  I had some money set aside for a lens or maybe two and I wanted a chance to shop. I came home with a 50mm 1.8 and a 90mm 2.8 macro (sweet!).  While my friend and I had lunch before heading for home I took this one because she’s got great eyes and I couldn’t help myself:

Nora-7974

Please go check out more Sweet Shots at My 3 Boybarians!

And for Texture Tuesday, hosted over at Kim Klassen’s Café (LOVE it there – go check out more!).

ShellTexture

This one was taken with my new macro (I am SO in love with that thing, it makes my heart sing – funnily enough I wrote that line before I discovered that Kim had made this week’s Texture Tuesday theme “love”.  I’m so glad I did because now I can join in with the theme and feel like I’d intended that way, LOL) as we were walking around the grounds where we stayed.  We found a few snail shells placed randomly on rocks and in the flower beds, this one was partially buried.  I added a layer of Kim’s Corrugated Crack with soft light at 100%, adjusted the levels a little to brighten it, cropped it and added a light vignette around the edge. 

5 comments:

Susan said...

Julie,

These were just incredible. Loved that rainbow.

Hope your day has been blessed!!

Anonymous said...

I love all three shot, good to hear you are enjoying your new lens. I can't wait to see more.

Cedar said...

The macro is really cool! I'm glad you were able to get it, and not just because I got to play with it! I love that snail shot! Really cool with the texture. I think I might like this picture of me a little better than the other, but I actually do like them both...if I do wish my nose was smaller. That rainbow was really the most amazing sight!

Unknown said...

Lovely! Awesome edit and use of Kim's wonderful textures!

Unknown said...

Thanks for a lovely visit for Sweet Shot Tuesday. Lots of fun pictures - including the beautiful rainbow and the intriguing snail that my grandkids would love. :)