Thursday, July 29, 2010

Elias Update

Elias got a lot worse from Monday night to Tuesday morning. When I got him up the rash had moved over nearly his entire body. However, the areas that were the worst Monday were practically clear Tuesday which hinted that the rash was on its way out. And despite his slightly grumpy expression in the photo he didn't seem to be bothered too much by it, maybe a little when he was trying to sleep but otherwise not so much.

And I'm happy to report that the rash miraculously disappeared as fast as it came. With the exception of a few baby pimples on his head his skin is clear. Wow! Thanks so much for your prayers!

On a not so good note, the doctors called to let us know that the blood panel revealed a dairy allergy. Dang it! Part of me if relieved that it wasn't worse but part of me is uber frustrated. At the very least, because of Gideon's allergy, we are familiar with this. Only now it effects MY diet. As long as I breastfeed I can't have dairy either. At least that is what we know right now. We are receiving a referral to the same pediatric allergist that treats Gideon and then we'll know more.

And I thought the roller coaster ride was over. Silly me.

No comments: