Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What Does Your Future Hold?

Just ask the Magic 8 Ball, AKA Gideon. He has a number of words down pat that he uses for every situation one of my favorites being a chipper little "Sure!" Such a positive little fellow. He also sings "Ring Around the Rosies" all the time. It is one of Zion's favorite games to play so I guess he picked it up from her. I didn't realize how well he knew it until I found him in the kitchen the other day - alone - toddling in a tight little circle singing "ashes, ashes, ashes, ashes" until I said "we all fall down" and he plopped on to his bottom.

He is walking quite well these days. Often times, while he walks he says "wa', wa', wa'..." (walk, walk, walk). I think I could learn a thing or two from him about keeping on task. "Making breakfast, making breakfast, making breakfast... or driving the car, driving the car, driving the car...". I betcha I'd stop walking into a room only to realize I couldn't remember why I went in there in the first place. "Getting a pencil, getting a pencil, getting a pencil..."

"Going to bed, going to bed, going to bed..."

1 comment:

Jessy said...

You make my cheeks hurt :D