Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Yummy Summer Days

Oh man was today a good day. This morning I thought our heat wave had come to an end but it ended up getting pretty warm, just later in the day. Really, it was darn near perfect weather. We ended up spending a good portion of the day outside starting after lunch. We set up a tunnel and house out of cardboard and the huge Thomas the Tank tent that my mom got Gabe last year and the little playhouse with the slide. Gideon is perfectly happy to hang out and play wherever the bigger kids are so I sat on the porch swing and read for a while.

The boys ended up in the pool at some point. Just try to keep Gideon out of it. He is nearly to the point where he will be able to climb in on his own. Lord, knows he tries. Gideon just cracks me up in the water, he just seems so at home just sitting there and playing. The older kids splash around him and get all crazy and he doesn't care at all. Today he was trying to climb up the teeny little slide and kept sliding down and even being face to the water (but not in the water, just to reassure you) he was totally comfortable. Gideon also got to enjoy his very first Otter Pop. We shared an orange one, Gabe red (naturally) and Zion had green. What flavor is green anyway? They played until Zion and Gideon went down for a long nap all tuckered out from play and then went right back out to play. Zion was so eager to go back outside she didn't even bother to bring down her blanky and lovies. I cannot remember the last time she got out of bed with her menagerie. Made hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner.

The only way it could have been more perfect was if Rob was home. On that note, his coming home date has been pushed out by a few. :( We won't know for sure until he gets stateside and is being "processed" because it totally depends on how long that ends up taking. My irritation is that he pretty much could be back in the US and starting that process if the Army would just arrange for it. Right now they just have him sitting on some base in the desert waiting transport to the next base in the desert and then to another one. Then to the East coast, then the West for "processing" and then, only then, does he get to come home. Grrrr. Annoyed.

Can't end it on a bitter note though. The other night on the knitter's forum where I like to hang out online (and crocheters too, shouldn't leave them out) I won a skein of hand-dyed laceweight yarn in the color of my choice. How cool is that?! One of the groups that I'm involved in there is particularly for one of the projects that I'm working on (which shall remain otherwise in the dark - stop asking me to spill the beans!) and when you post a picture of your progress you get entered in the drawing. I'm just so excited that I won! When I get my prize I'll post a picture. Then I'll have to figure out what to make with it. Eeeee!

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! The weather has been pretty mild here as well and I've been trying to take advantage of it.

That sounds very frustrating about Rob getting home. I hope that they will move him back home soon.