Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Baby Boot Camp

Amber asked how Gideon's "boot camp" is going. Well, it worked!

For two nights.

As usual, anytime I've tried something new it has worked a couple of times and then he's on to me. After that it's worse than it ever was. This time it didn't get too much worse but it hasn't gotten good again. For two nights though I actually got almost 4 hours consecutive sleep. Wow!

One good thing though is that I'm getting better at ignoring him. Well, at least it's easier to do through two closed doors and down a hallway. So there have been a couple of times where he has woken me by crying but I have been able to roll over and at least doze in and out until I realized that he was quiet again.

We're at Jamie's for Christmas so all of our sleep habits are going to go down hill but we'll be back in boot camp again once we're home. I'm still hoping that this will do the trick and he'll be sleeping through the night soon!

2 comments:

Jessy said...

Good luck, Julie! Be strong! Just remember that if you give in after an hour - he knows to cry for an hour next time! They're too smart!

Also {wipes eyes} I just checked out Cake Wrecks...I was laughing so hard I almost had to leave the room so I didn't wake Houston! Loved it!! I've added them to my blog list, too! Thanx! ;)

Have a wonderful Christmas and I'll see you next year!

Jeremy and Laura Lebow said...

I learned in all my education classes that, when you start an intervention with a kid, things will get worse before they get better. They have to rebel first and see if teacher (or mommy, in your case) will crack. Easier to do when applied to a kid you have in your classroom for 6 hours than for a baby at 3:00 in the morning, though. I understand your pain. I can ignore Clara, too, through a closed door, but she is right across the small hallway from us, so I totally hear her until she goes back to sleep. She's sick right now, as she has been on and off for about 2 months . . . fun times.