Monday, May 3, 2010

Randomness and Family Fun

I am hanging out in my favorite spot at home. That would be the recliner love seat. My spot is the seat on the left. Just about everything I need is within arms reach here. Remotes - check. Phone - check. Knitting - check. Laptop - double check. Snacks - check. Drinks - check.

I'm munching on guacamole flavored tortilla chips that we got at Costco tonight.

I've got a poor man's heating pad on my back which is killing me. I would like to put my belly down for a while. I love feeling the baby move but I don't love the muscle strain. Ouch.

I should probably not go to Costco again until this baby is out. And likely until this baby is weaned ('cause I'm a starvin' Marvin when I'm a nursing mama).

Lemonade season has officially started in our household. I make my own. Somehow that makes me proud which is silly since it has all of three ingredients and takes about two minutes. But still.

I love lemonade!

Lemonade does not love me. It's the darn pregnancy heart burn. Ugh!

I can't help myself. I drink it anyway.

Zion is hysterical when she talks about shopping. I have to get it on video soon.

Gideon has been running a low grade fever the last few days and his diapers are atrocious. I'm hoping it's teething. Really hoping. Because GI issues with him scare me a titch. I just always wonder if it's another allergy coming up and the great allergy chase is starting again. So let's hope it's teeth.

But that did offer us a chance to stay home on Sunday and have church at home and have a little fun. Gabe dipped into the "fun sticks" and pulled out the one labeled "electric train". The fun sticks are craft sticks (like Popsicle sticks only bigger) with activities written on them (don't tell mama you're bored or you just might have to pick a stick). Interestingly enough he ALWAYS ends up picking the electric train stick. It's my least favorite and I nearly always end up telling him it's not a good time. But yesterday it was a good time. Yay!


Gideon hadn't actually seen the train yet. I guess it has been a while since we had this train out (mind you, we have numerous other train sets that are always out).



Today wasn't so bad either. I'm trying to ease us into the habit of not having the TV on until after Gabe gets home from school. It's my bad habit to click the TV on PBS when we come down stairs in the morning and I start getting breakfast ready. That doesn't mean that it won't ever get turned on in the morning but I'd just like to be more mindful of the decision. Today having the TV off after breakfast prompted a sibling coloring session.

Zion lovers her markers. Washable of course.


Gabe drew a treasure map. After they finished coloring they went on a treasure hunt around the house. I don't know what the treasure was ... or if they even found it, but they had fun. :)


Gideon seems to have found a color he'd never seen before.

Speaking of Gideon. He was a bit grumpy today. To top it all off he woke up from nap before he was ready. Typically when that happens he just needs to cuddle. Sometimes he needs to cuddle and have his milk cup. Today I got up to get his milk cup and he followed me to the kitchen where he saw Zion shut the pantry. He freaked out. I kept asking if he wanted his milk because typically all he needs to know is that his milk is coming and he's fine. Nope. Not this time. Then Zion moved the stool. The little stool on which the kids often stand when they are helping me in the kitchen. He wasn't going to use it or even near it but it upset him even more. He followed Zion around the house screaming in devastation. He could not be distracted. So I brought him back to the pantry where it all started hoping that a snack in addition to his milk would do the trick.

It did. Sort of. All he wanted was Spaghetti Os. *sigh* He cannot be swayed. No other snack offering will do. Luckily I had some Spaghetti Os in the fridge from the other day so it was just a matter of a few seconds in the microwave and he was happy as a clam. As a pregnant woman I know all about weird cravings. I must be rubbing off on him.

Last bit of randomness, I have an appointment on Thursday for something called a Webster Maneuver. This is done by a chiropractor and is intended to help flip this baby head down like it's supposed to be (though it often requires more than one visit). Hoping and praying for a good result!

No comments: