Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Public Service Announcement

Many of you are aware of adding a contact in your cell phone named "ICE". ICE stands for In Case of Emergency and should list your emergency contact in the event that you are in an accident or something and cannot answer questions yourself. I recently stumbled on a blog that takes ICE one step further. The entire post can be found here (second PSA - while I love this blog if you go wandering around there outside of this post consider yourself warned - LOTS of language!).

In short, the author who happens to be a paramedic states that the following information is much more handy:

The patient’s name (that would be the phone's owner)
The patient’s address
The patient’s date of birth
An emergency contact name and number
Any medical conditions the patient suffers from
Any medication the patient habitually takes
Any allergies the patient suffers from.

Since my phone is capable I entitled the entry "Julie R* ICE" (under "I" in my contacts, the actual entry contains my entire last name I just don't put it on my blog) with the notation "this is my phone, my info:" and added my own picture in case there's a doubt as to who's phone it is.

So there you go. Now you know, go put it in your phone.

No comments: