Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pregnancy Update! :)

I got good news at my midwife appointment this morning - baby is head down! Yay! I'm so thrilled. I had wondered last night as it felt like baby was in a different position but I couldn't be sure that was head down or head up considering that for days before that the baby was transverse. I felt like I was wearing a "baby belt" with the head under my right elbow and his/her behind just to the left of my belly button.

My midwife says that the baby shouldn't move back but this has been such a strange pregnancy I feel like I should be prepared for anything. I have my next visit with her in two weeks and my next ultrasound the first week of June. That doctor will check the placenta, cord and baby's growth again and we'll be able to see again what position Baby D is in. In the meantime, I will continue to see the chiropractor that has been doing the Webster Maneuver for me once a week.

I have to admit that I'm a bit nervous now when baby moves. Before I would cheer baby on "yeah, yeah, keep moving around, woohoo!" Now when I feel it shift I put my hands on the sides of my belly and utter something more like "Don't you dare!"

1 comment:

Martha said...

Good...now prayers the baby stays put!!! Hugs!