Saturday, September 22, 2012

TEN! - Part I

A couple of years ago (boy, time flies - how many times will I say that, really) I was planning a little getaway just for myself.  A weekend to take off and recharge.  While I was researching places to stay I found Thornewood Castle and it just happens to be within an hour’s drive of us.  I immediately fell in love.  Who wouldn’t?  I knew we couldn’t justify the expense for my little solo getaway but I asked Rob if we could start saving for our tenth anniversary.  Still I was dubious.  Would we really truly make it happen?  Well we did I’m happy to say.  And in true Julie fashion here I am MONTHS later to tell you about it.  LOL

First, my sister came to stay with the kids.  Apparently she brought a tent which she erected IN my living room.  Ha!  The kids definitely had a great time while we were gone!

Then Rob and I headed out.  Ah, sweet freedom!  We grabbed dinner out and watched a GORGEOUS sunset!

ThornewoodWeekend-1856ThornewoodWeekend-1876ThornewoodWeekend-1888ThornewoodWeekend-1893-2ThornewoodWeekend-1897ThornewoodWeekend-1901ThornewoodWeekend-1907

This house is not where we stayed but was across the street from the park where we watched the sun set and it was just too cute!

ThornewoodWeekend-1919ThornewoodWeekend-1942

We not only got to watch the sun set but also a fog roll in and a lightning storm.  I didn’t have a tripod in order to catch the lightning though but that’s OK, it was still a great night.

Afterward we headed to “our” castle and we met by cozy robes and a huge heart-shaped Jacuzzi tub in our fancy little suite.

ThornewoodWeekend-1950ThornewoodWeekend-1952

Off to edit more photos…

No comments: