Saturday, August 2, 2008

Questions Answered Here

Occasionally someone from blogland or even someone that I know will ask a question (by commenting on a post) about Rob's deployment or some such thing. Usually I contact the person and answer it but I'm rethinking that. If one person is wondering than maybe more are so I'm going to start answering them here.

For starters, someone asked if Rob was Navy and is now Army. Gee, what a great question. As far as I can understand it Rob is still Navy. Only he's being loaned out. To the Army. I think I already mentioned that he is now an Individual Augmentee. The IA Family Handbook says this "In contrast to a Sailor that deploys with a ship, squadron or unit, a Sailor who leaves their assigned command (in this case our family! OK, they probably mean his Reserves command) to deploy individually or with a small group is known as an Individual Augmentee (IA). IAs also include Reservists deployed individually (that's him) or with a unit." Also, IAs "...will remain a member of their current command, often referred to as their 'parent' command, and return to it when they complete their IA tour."

So there you go. If you still don't understand blame the military.

If you have any questions feel free to post them (by clicking on the word "comment" at the bottom of any post) and I'll post an answer.

No comments: